7 LEADERSHIP QUALITIES THAT GREAT LEADERS HAVE IN COMMON
1. Vision - Great leaders have a clear, exciting idea of where they are going and what they are trying to accomplish.
" Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion."
- Jack Welch
2. Courage - The most identifiable trait, Courage means that you are willing to take risks in the achievement of your goals with no assurance for success. There is no certainty in life or business, every commitment you make and every action you take entails a risk of some kind.
" Courage is rightly considered the foremost of all other virtues, for upon it, all others depend."
- Winston Churchill
3. Integrity - The main value that almost all executives agree upon for their company is integrity. It's doing the right thing 100 % of the time, even when no one is watching. The core of the definition is truthfullness
" With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt."
- Zig Ziglar
4.Humility - To be strong and decisive but also humble. The ability to have the self-confidence and self- awareness to recognize the value of others without feeling threatened. It means that you are willing to admit when you are wrong that you recognize you may not have all of the answers.
" The more you can contain your ego, the more realistic you are about your problems. You learn to listen, and admit that you do not always have all of the answers."
- Larry Bossidy
5. Strategic Planning - The have to ability to look ahead, to anticipate with some accuracy where to industry and the markets are going to go.
" Strategy is not the consequence of planning, but the opposite, it's a starting point."
- Henry Mintzberg
6. Focus - The focus on results, on what must be achieved by themselves, by others, and by the company. Great leaders focus on the strengths of themselves and of others.
" Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. they stay focus on their past success rather than their past failures, and on the next actions steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all of the other distractions that life presents to us."
- Jack Canfield
7. Cooperation - to gain the cooperation of others by making a commitment to get along well with each key person , each and every day.
" If your imagination leads you to understand how quickly people grant your request when those request appeal to their self-interests, you can have practically anything you want."
- Napoleon Hill